Monday, July 16, 2012

Music Monday - {Steady My Heart}

Steady My Heart by Kari Jobe
There are days when the words that I pray just fail to match my emotions.  When that happens and my heart hurts, I just pray these words back to God and it helps.  It makes me feel like I have been heard by the One who cares.


When praying it gives me perspective to know that Someone cares.  It doesn't take away my circumstances, but I can think about how God likes to hold my heart.  When I pray "steady my heart" then I know I have what I have prayed for.  What I have learned is that sometimes God will remove what is making my heart hurt, or He will hold me through what hurts, or He will guide me through it, causing me to not look at the fallout but just staring at his firm steady hands as they hold me.


Even when it hurts
Even when it's hard
Even when it all just falls apart
I will run to You
‘Cause I know that You are
Lover of my soul, Healer of my scars,
You steady my heart, You steady my heart


I'm not gonna worry
I know that You've got me
Right inside the palm of Your hand
Each and every moment
What's good and what gets broken
Happens just the way You plan


And I will run to You
I'll find refuge in Your arms
And I will sing to You
‘Cause of everything You are
You steady my heart



When life hurts you, or people disappoint...when pain weaves it's way in and through your body, when you have prayed and prayed and you feel like you are out of words...just pray these words back to God.  It helps.


When you think that God has forgotten about you and your problems, He hasn't.  His delay is not His denial.  Ask Him to steady your heart until He works His best for you.


  " What, then, shall we say in response to these things? 
If God is for us, who can be against us? 
 He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—
how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?" ~ Romans 8:31-32

What also helps is knowing that all good things come from God.  So if I have to wait, or seek His best answer in ways that are different,  I too can know my response to God...and have a steady heart.

1 comment:

Kathaleen said...

After feeling like a failure for Christ this past month what a blessing to have a God who makes these words so true!! Thanks for posting them!!!!