Monday, October 6, 2008

Last week, I had the privilege to serve with a team of dedicated Christians at First United Methodist Church, Stillwater, OK at the Thursday night Community meal. They serve a hot meal every week to the disadvantaged in the Stillwater community. I recognized their passion for helping the hungry and wanted to share it with you.


They are meeting needs in more ways than they know. During the meal, one of the Youth ministers, Alton Carter, entertains the children with activities and crafts. Last week they gave out pumpkins to the kiddos. During my time there, I sensed that God is using their team to reach out to make a lasting impact and are making a difference.

My job while serving was the "clean up station". Bill, my new friend, had it down to a science.
He was very cordial and shared his past experiences of being a retired Fire Chief. He said he got a lot of calls about getting cats down from trees. I asked what his response was. He said he always told the caller, "Have you ever seen a cat skeleton in a tree?". The answer is always no. Ha! Cat skeletons...funny.

The pumpkins were a big hit, it's the simple things in life that are appreciated. When you don't have.... little is much.

No comments: