Wednesday, August 29, 2012

I Have a Secret For You

One of life's most exciting choices...is full surrender to Christ.  


And....then letting God work His full potential in your heart.  I am exploring the gift of writing that He has given and has confirmed over and over during the past year.  I have answered the call of obedience to put pen to paper, or put fingers to keyboard and write a book.  This is HUGE to me.  I feel like David when he was facing his giant.  

I am at the writer water's edge....gathering my gumption...looking at my own reflection staring back at me.  I am mesmerized as I blindly search for some rocks of God's faithfulness that I can stick in my pocket...hoping I only need one Rock to take this giant fear down.  The biggest step is forward, the biggest fear is myself.  

I really don't know how to do this...and that's what makes it so intimidating.  I don't know how it's going to turn out, but I am willing to try.  I do know though it won't be perfect.  That is a hurdle I've had to overcome in this process of writing my story to you.  I was wanting to write a perfect story, wrapped up in nice box with a pretty pink bow on top.  I kept waiting and waiting for it to look like I thought it should, when God dropped this in my heart.


"Why would I want you to write a perfect story?  That has already been written.
No, I want you to write your story.  The story I am still perfecting in you."

My response was one of doubt and dismay.  Why would anyone want to hear a broken and my not-so-pretty tale?  
Because it's His-story perfected in me.  

You have one too.  If I have learned anything in my walk of faith, God can take your uglies and perfect His beautiful.  The journey of God wrapping His story in my life in a nice-sweet-tidy-little package with a perfect pink bow is the exciting part.   God is changing me as His redeeming love penetrates my heart.  The more I hideout in His word, the more I want to be like Him. 

It's a story that's too good not to share.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now...making that time commitment...next hurdle...

Anonymous said...

Ah,public commitment, you put your heart out there didn't ya? Good for you...

Deb said...

We go through trials and tribulations in life to make us stronger. We can't be perfect no matter how much we that but the greatest thing is God loves us anyway.

Unknown said...

thanks for sharing your inspirational to us all.

hugs,
Gail
HeartnSow.com

D said...

I want to hear your broken & not so pretty tale. Your writings have already shed light on my life. I can't thank you enough for having the courage to share. It helps so much knowing I'm not alone in my journey.

Susan said...

God will help us do what He has called us to do.

Wendy said...

So excited to see what comes next as Janelle Khanyisile Keith shares her heart. You go sister! So proud of you for following God's call.

Nancy said...

I can't wait to read it!

Tina said...

Love simple. You have his grace.

Meghan said...

I'm so proud of you! You have an amazing talent and I can't wait to read it :)

Haylee said...

Check it out!!! Best Blogger in the world right here!! Soak it up people!