Monday, December 8, 2008

Meet Billy & Lindsay & other ramblings...




Many of you have heard me talk about Billy, my son-in-law, who is now a pilot for Great Lakes Airlines. He flies mostly in the mid-west and so far really enjoys flying. His greatest joy is land the plane by using his instruments only. That's thrilling. I am thankful for that. Here is a picture of him in his new uniform. I am so proud of him.


In other news, my daughter Lindsay, was excited to know that you can still mail letters to Santa. They are moving to Denver this week. I am sad about that because I like them close to me. They are so fun to hang out with. I hear that Denver is a great place to visit, at least that is what everyone is telling me. I guess I'll find out soon. *Big Sigh*.

Here's something else. I am on a quest to find the most unusual Christmas inflatable this season and think I have found a pretty good start. I'm all for Christmas decorations, don't get me wrong, but when you see Santa doing things that might not come naturally, then that's when it gets my attention. For instance, this picture is of Santa teeter tottering with 3 reindeer. I don't think they have teeter totters on the North Pole. How do the reindeer know how to sit as they are propelled in the air by the jolly ole chap? And does Santa really have time to be playing around? Shouldn't he and his elves be making toys in the Santa workshop? Come on....Santa....it's crunch time! What about checking the list for the naughty and nice? That a big time zapper! And last but not least, this Santa is way too skinny to be believable. He needs more biscuits and butter.

1 comment:

A said...

Is Lindsey in the Stillwater post office? I went in there on Tuesday and was cracking up at the whole table and decorated letter box! I took a pic with my cell and sent it to all my friends!