Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year's Day Resolution Winner

It's New Years Day and Tia from Stillwater is our winner for the The House FM Resolution contest. She submitted "I want my New Year's Resolution to be for me to not allow others steal my joy or determine my mood. Too many times, I allow others determine my mood and this year I don't want anyone to do that. I have joy in my salvation and no one can take that away. I just need to remember why I have joy and seek that everyday from when I wake up."

Tia, this is a great goal to have. You are right so many times we let our circumstances or the people around us affect our moods, outlooks, perspectives, and attitudes when really we should be living for an audience of One. You are a child of God and nothing can take that away from you. Remember who you are in Christ and who God is. He is the source of true joy that no one can take away.

Acts 2:28 says, "You have made known to me the paths of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence."

Anybody who has any tips or ideas that you want to pass on to Tia or if you have experienced victory any these areas please share your comments below.

If you want to share your resolution for 2009, you can do so here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tia, my advice would be not to confuse joy with happiness or contentedness. You can still have the joy of the Lord if stressful, hurtful, bad things are happening around you. I know you know this already, so I'm just encouraging and reinforcing God's gift of joy as opposed to this world's expectations of "happiness". I'm praying for a deep peace and joy in knowing God's tender care and love for you - no matter the earthly situation!
Blessings!