Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Seasonings


The launch of summer, makes me think about transitions into hot weather, 100 degree temperatures, changing of the clothes from winter to summer, tennis shoes are switched out for flip flops and more flexible schedules. YES!!

I have been thinking about the last six months and about the one thing I have changed. At the beginning of the year, Brent and I challenged ourselves to read the Bible through in a year. So far it's has been going pretty good, meaning I am able to keep up with the daily readings. That's because I am choosing to do so.

You make time for what you want to do, no matter the season, schedule, lifestyle. Take a look and see where you spend your time. This one habit I changed, reading the Bible, has changed my life. Why such a change? Because my relationship with God has changed. I am reading His Word, applying it to my life. My relationship with God is the one thing that matters. How's yours?

In this season of summer, take a look around and see where you can make some changes. I believe we are either running towards or away from the cross. Press restart, what changes will you make?

No comments: