Friday, March 6, 2009

Give a little!

Do you consider yourself a giving person? Most people say that I am. I don't really notice it though. I guess it's the way that God has wired me. I would give you the shirt off my back or drive to the ends of the earth to help you move your couch if you asked. I wouldn't think twice about it.

My charge to you this week is "to be" more giving. Give of your time. Money. Gifts. Skills. Most of all ....Love. Give love as you have been given love. Be generous with it. Don't hold back. You say, "they don't deserve it." Neither do I but God has freely given it to me.
John 13:34 says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another."

Here's an opportunity to give. Pray about how you can be involved in Global Food Crisis Day March 11. Fight hunger with Compassion and with passion. Wouldn't it be great if all God's people cared and stepped up and put a stop to the food crisis? Show God's love in a real and practical way, make a difference in the life of someone else. Nothing says love like a fully belly. Seriously. Share with those who don't have anything.

Did you know?
•One person in seven goes to bed hungry every day?
•One-third of the world’s population is undernourished.
•One child dies every 7 seconds from hunger-related causes.

This breaks my heart, as a mom I can't stand to think about children going hungry. This is enough to motivate me to give a little. How about you? You can find out about the global food crisis here. We are a hosting a special focus day Wednesday, March 11 highlighting the needs of those around the world. Hope you will give a little time to listen to it.




Give a little, get involved. Give some love! With passion, help others. Give to the global food crisis. Make a difference. Won't you?

No comments: