Tuesday, February 5, 2013

How to Make Your Heart Smile Today


My mom quilts.  She crafts with her hands.  It's talent that God has gifted her with and she makes some pretty quilts with her hands.  It soothes her and gives her something to do.  It's her artistic expression.

Some say that stitching intricate patterns in colorful fabrics to make a cloth picture is a gift.  And I would whole-heartily agree.  I think about how God gifts us with his talents, I can't help but think that those gifts are His creative voice that he breathed into you.

Ephesians 2:10 says "For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."  My pastor said it nicely on Sunday..."you are God's poetic voice" in who He has made you to be.

That soothes me when I realize I don't have to be someone I am not.  And it also comforts me when I think about how God is becoming me to be more of a beauty.  I know...that was a gutsy thing to say. I am humbled when I read in the Bible I am made in God's image.  I honestly think that God is pretty wonderful...I like that image...I want to become his poetic voice.

When we compare ourselves to people that we only wish we could be, that is not being the awesome image that God imagined for us.  Don't try to be someone else.  Don't let man set the standard that God created for you.  Be you, the other person is already taken.  Be His poetic voice that boasts of His workmanship.

So stitch this truth into your life today...I am...you are...

.....the works of His hands, His artistic and creative expression.  His wonderful work.  And as you walk in faith, God is perfecting your poetic voice.   Perfectly measured with just enough lovely to reveal an intricate pattern, mixed with some beautiful.  Now sprinkle a cute little pink bow, (or handsome man tie) and you got yourself a smiling heart today.

Celebrate this...you are God's poetic voice.


6 comments:

Tammy said...

Love the quilt Illustration. Did your mom make the one pictured? And as always, thanks for sharing your heart!

Tammie said...

Wow...that's beautiful!!

Treva said...

I love that, so pretty!

Annie said...

I needed to hear this!

Carol said...

GREAT post! We are sympatico today...my post features a quilt, too!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful post today!! Love it!