Thursday, September 4, 2008

Narrow Escape....within centimeters......

Ok, I can do this...Um..Yesterday I had a close encounter of the mouse kind!!!!! Uh...yeah. Now if you know me you and know me well, then you know how tramatic that was. Trama!! I was sitting on the couch in the studio, getting ready for staff meeting. Dale, my assistant, told me to get up so I did without hesitation. I stood up and as I turned around, I saw it! A live mouse was on the couch cushion, right where I was sitting. He had been hiding below the cushion and had crawled up on top of the cushion right as i sat down. I guess he came out to see what was going on....his mistake. Upon seeing the mouse, I entered the FREAK OUT zone. I ran screaming down the hall, proclaiming the trama that I was experiencing. Just thinking about this, makes my heart pound and my breathing becomes labored. *Big gulp* Darcey, the engineer, came to my aid. Captured the mouse and disposed of it! Another *big gulp*...wow.....I will never be the same. Some ask, "why is this such a big deal?" Well, you just don't know. I realize that God made the mice, but they should not invade my space. I don't invade theirs. And especially when they come with centimeters of me, that is WAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY to close! Yeah, a narrow escape. I could have been eaten alive!! Not even kidding!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow…same here. We’ve talked about you almost every night for a week. We’ve had a BRAVE mouse family living in our bedroom. We think they are gone now. They kept eating the food off of the trap. Got in a dresser drawer where I had some pecans ($7 bag!)! Jeff finally slugged what we think was the mama with the battery end of his dewalt flashlight. I told Jeff you would probably never come over again if you knew. I hate them! They even stole a Werthers from a candy dish…unwrapped it, licked it and left it for me to find next to my bed! Hate them! All has been quiet since Monday – praise God!
I share your distress! dana