Friday, July 8, 2011

In These Seven Days

It's been seven days now.  It seems as if every muscle in my body is screaming "stop" ....good grief!  It's as if I have never exercised a day in my life.  Or better yet..someone has been slipping a huge gallon of lactaid acid into my daily required ten 8-ounces-glasses-of-water.


I have never started a "take-my-body-back" plan on a Friday before.   Usually that is deferred to Mondays.  And my slacker attack....no...correction....my lack of obedience in God's plan for my health, has caused this restart of my motivation.  I feel like this  battle-of-the bulge is one of epic proportions, almost as if I am starting all over again.  


Just now as I was typing, and my body screamed..."YOU WILL NEVER WIN", I felt like giving up on the whole process.  It's been seven days I need to see results, I haven't seen much progress.  I need to see past this knee pain.  I need to know that these-past-seven-days-of hard work, healthy eating choices, and my "two-a-days" are making a difference.  I need to remember that feeling healthy doesn't taste as good as that cookie that was calling my name.


Imagine my disappointment, when I pulled on my jeans, and they seem as tight as they were seven days ago.  That was not the outcome I was hoping for, after all it's been a whole seven days.  This is the hard part...doing the work and not "seeing" any change.  To be dedicated to eating right and the exercise plans... but not see it come to fruition...yet.  This is the hard part.  And this is my pity-party and you just attended.  Maybe I expect to much, maybe I want change too fast.  


In times like these I remember that I have to be faithful to God first, but then faithful to the plan that God has laid out for me in eating right and exercise, even when I can't see the results.  He calls me to do my best, and I trust He will take care of the rest.  In these seven days, and the next seven He has my results in care.  1 Corinthians 6:19 "Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own."


What keeps you encouraged as you battle the "seven-days-in"?  

Post a Comment