Monday, April 22, 2013

Good-bye and So Long


Hello uninvited guest.  It's been a while since you emerged.  I actually thought you were gone.  I had said goodbye to you a long time ago.    

Since you have shown your raw face again, please don't make yourself at home.  You can't stay.    

Don't make yourself comfortable.  You are not welcomed here anymore.

You see...once you came to live when I wasn't looking.  You made quite a little nest in my heart.  You took up residence.  You anchored deep.  

But you were not invited.  You wedged your way in.  And I don't like you.  

Your words hurt.  I have allowed you to say things that do damage.  

Please.Stop.Go.

Please take your hater-aide somewhere else.  Take away your spewing words that destroy.

Even though I can see my hand prints impressed in your frame, they will not call my name.
  
The fact that you will miss me is not enough to keep you near.  You lie.  

What has changed you ask?  I got stuck in this truth.....


Psalm 139: 14  "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that fully well."

Listen to this....God created me and my inmost being.  Verse 15 says that my frame, my being was not hidden from Him.  God knew me when I was being formed in my mother's womb.  He knew me as His before I was anything, before I was something, before I was formed, and before I was someone.  


Before...when I was just a substance...God knew me.  

So...knowing that...and understanding what this means makes all the difference.  

You see....you big "ugly" stick... you like to slam my self-esteem with harm.  Now, you will not have a presence here. Not in my heart or mind.  Nope, not welcomed.  No permits issued.  I don't belong to you.  I belong to God.  I am His.

You have caused enough pain.  It's time for new beginnings..for some heart repair to begin.  

I am loved.  
I am loved by the One who creates.  
I am loved by the Only One who cared about me before I had breath.  
I am fearfully and wonderfully made, I am wonderful! 
I am loved by the One who knows a perfect love.

Hey Big Stick, cruelty and God's wonderful don't mix.  And honestly I want all of God's wonderful I can get.  

There is no room for you anymore.  End of story...you big-stick-in-the-corner-of-my-mind that I have been carrying around for years to pulverize.   

Good-bye.  And so long.  I am fearfully and wonderfully made.  

Here's some great news....so are you.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post!~Beth

Anonymous said...

That was great! ~ Cathy

Anonymous said...

Isn't it great to know that you are the daughter of the Most High King? Great post, Janelle! ~ Carol

Anonymous said...

Amazing!!! We were created on purpose for a purpose!!! Blessings to you!!! ~ Telisa

Anonymous said...

Kinda sounds like the story line in a Jason Gray song...."Good Bye Shame" ~ Dave

Anonymous said...

Great post and so powerful! ~ Sarah

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the powerful reminder!

Unknown said...

Definitely brings to mind "Dear X" by Disciple. Love the scripture references! Thanks for the reminder, Janelle!

Unknown said...

LOVE IT!!

whenpigsfly said...

Thanks for this post Janelle.... It is so much more appropriate than you may have realized!!! AND I am Szo GLAD this was not goodbye to our radio station!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I always love reading these Janelle, I may not always have a brain cell rattling around up there sometimes to comment but its so encouraging to read these, and this is sooo true, I was chatting to someone about just this on Monday..God is omnipresent, all places all at once.. I can try climb the highest peak to escape him and there he is, I can try dig to australia and.. There he is, he HEMS ME IN... I love that!! From the beginning of time he looked and waited.. And said.. I WANT YOU!! The horribles of the past, the thought processes of the past keep trying to set up camp and God has called us to BREaK CAMP!! Surely if the Son has set us free.. Then we are FREEEEE.. (Kinda feel like Mel Gibson here "they can take away our lives but they will never take our freeeeeedoommmmmmm")~ Lorna, South Africa