Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Tidal Wave of Tidyness


So Brent was talking about doing the dishes today. He said he was trying train Marybeth to ask the right question, "Will you please do the dishes?" I gave him some sage advice. Don't wait for her to ask, just do it. Ladies....we know that's what we all want right? Someone to come in and do the chores, without us having to ask or mention. It's our secret dream. Not many get it but we can dream right? Actually Terry, my husband, is great at doing the dishes, without having being told. It bothers him to see dirty dishes in the sink. I am glad about that it bothers him, cause it doesn't bother me. Ha! And Brent?...Well here's another point...it could be worse. And he will eventually find out .....with the birth of triplets this summer, so enjoy the easy chore of the dishes now. The tidal wive of un-tidiness is going to hit and when it does, OH MY GOODNESS!!! you will be wishing you could back to the simpleness of the dishes. What household chore do you hate?

4 comments:

Tony Weir said...

a lesson it took me too long to learn... very true... it's not that we're just willing to do it... but that we will do it to helpful without having to be asked

Anonymous said...

I HATE sorting socks. It is such a pointless task. I can't wait until all in my family can wear the same size....

Unknown said...

I can't wait to be awash in a sea of filth...it will be like I'm in college again.

Anonymous said...

did u get that picture from my kitchen. the dishes by far is the worst chore on the planet, followed closely by cleaning the toilet. yes I would rather clean the toilet than do the dishes.