Monday, December 28, 2009

The End is Near!

Think about this....it's the end of a decade. Yeah, it's just another day right? I challenge you to take a look at the last 10 years or the past year to see if you lived a life that was God honoring. It's a hard question that I ask myself too. As you think about the new year, think about this....do you need to make some changes?

I challenge you to change the status quo. There is nothing magical about a new year or a new decade. And not everybody has a resolution personality, but all of us need to make changes. That is a fact. Take some time to evaluate your life spiritually, relationally, physically, emotionally, and intellectually. What changes do you need to make? Is there something you need to stop doing or start doing? What do you need to do more or do less? Is there a choice you need to make? A goal you need to set? A habit you need to establish?

Is there one thing that you need to focus on? Don't maintain the status quo. Challenge it. Take the necessary steps forward to make change happen. If you do things the same way you will get the same results.

The end of a decade is near. What will you do with it?

1 comment:

Sandi Lee Aldridge said...

There are many things I want to change this year. I am first going to change my relationship with God. I am going to put him first in EVERYTHING! Others include the elements you mentioned in your blog. I plan on this being a year to remember (in a good way of course). God is my heavenly father and he wants what's best for me, but he expects me to do my part. I hope to make him extremely proud of me this year.