Tuesday, December 29, 2009

It's Snow Beautiful?

Snow. It's really pretty when it falls, but not so pretty when it creates messes like this. Over Christmas we were snowed in literally with 4 foot drifts. That is the most snow that I have ever seen in one storm. Oh yeah, we get snow occasionally in Oklahoma, but not near to this magnitude. In fact, there were records set with this storm with 14.1 inches of recorded snow. And the funny thing is most Oklahomans have weather freak outs when this happens. For instance, in Midwest City, there was a 50 car pile up on one of their busiest highways. Goodness!!

This is what it looks like at my house....still. You can see Sophie, my dog, checking things out. See the big drifts in the middle of the road? The mailbox post is half hidden. I seem really short next to the drift, oh wait, I AM really short!




No comments: