Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Just One Shift Away




Sarah says, "I am so honored to be able to be a guest writer on Janelle's blog. Thank you for letting me take a few minutes out of your day to share with you about something that I am very passionate about in my life: getting fit physically, spiritually, & emotionally."  

There is one specific early morning workout that I want to share with you today. I was able to join in as a guest during a fitness class a few weeks ago. As a personal trainer I got to see first hand what I preach to my clients about constantly. I got to see ladies get out of their comfort zones, make small shifts, & push through their workout. I was inspired to see it!

During one specific exercise one of the ladies mentioned she did more reps throughout the 30 seconds today than she did last week. What an accomplishment! She is putting forth the effort & step by step she is making progress. This is such a great reminder! Last week might have been brutal but this week was just somewhat brutal. I think this represents what it takes to reach a goal: small shifts.

First thing we do is set our goal & we should set them high. Don't underestimate yourself & don't rush yourself either. It is a daily process. I say it time & time again as my friend Keith Kochner says, "You aren't big steps from anything, only small shifts from everything." Today I saw 3 ladies make another small shift. Is it hard? Absolutely! If you will just make yourself get out there the rest will follow. The main thing is to take that initial step. That is the hardest. Consistency is key but you must begin before you can be consistent. 

It doesn't matter whether your goal is to lose 10, 50, or 100 pounds, stepping foot on the pavement to train for your first race or training for a marathon... it is a process. Fight through the beginning & stay strong. It is well worth the work. Don't be discouraged by how many push-ups you can do or how many reps you get in your ab workout. Be encouraged by the fact you did push-ups & an ab workout today. You are a champion for making that small shift today! 
 
This is my command-
"Be strong & courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go". 
Joshua 1:9

Today's Tip: I want to leave you with a challenge to make one small shift towards your goal everyday. Write your goal down on paper, share it, believe it, & get moving! 

I might not be where I want to be, but thank God I'm not where I use to be!
I believe in you... do you?

You can be encouraged in your fitness shifts by following Sarah's blog here.  Inspiring!

No comments: