Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Do Better



One of the first things I hear from myself about last year's promise list is "I hope to do better this year".  Or "Last year was full a complete failure."  Not the most positive perspective but realistic.  So when I think about resolutions for myself, I don't want to fail, or disappoint again.  Myself that is....


You are really listening on my own private thoughts here...I want to do better.  I want to be excellent.   I want to realize my potential.  Brent says my greatest strength is also my greatest weakness.  I want to see God here...there...everywhere.  I want to do more than just wishful thinking.  I want to think, ponder and meditate on scripture.  For me, that is were change happens.  Any time I align my heart with God's I know there will be some change. 


You might be thinking that's negative right?  Wrong!


So in 2012, for today.... I promise to...do better.


I am going to re-learn my life's verse...and trust.  I trust.  I will trust in Jesus with everything.  I will trust Jesus in everything.  With all circumstances, with all calamities, with communications, words, actions etc.  When I feel like giving in or giving up...I will trust.  Proverbs 3:5-6 says to acknowledge God. That is simple, effective strategy.  So in my mind, in my heart, in my soul I will trust.....and that will give God sovereign control over my life.  That is my response and the way I trust.  This is the way I can do better.  


Do you have a life verse?  

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

You are so right we should trust always and always when we feel like giving up!!!