Monday, September 23, 2013

Hungry for more

Photo credit
Some crazy God awesome stuff happens when you pray open ended prayers...fully trusting in God.

God and I have had some interesting and very enlightening conversations.  I wish I could share them all with you.  

But for now...it's encouraging when God sends a symbol consistently to remind you that He is in charge, listening and working on the things between you and Him, and that He cares.

That's the kind of personal God who wants a relationship with you.  God reminds us that He is listening.

He's an attentive God.  And He excels in listening.  That's one of His tender qualities about Him.  He reminds me that I have been heard.

For a woman that's huge, you know, to be heard.  Bigger than you know.  

Sometimes my faith feels a little more than a black hole, empty and draining.   Sometimes I have those sunrise moments that bring an awakening in my soul.

Faith in God is based on a personal relationship built on an endless Love; a journey through time and space and emotions. Like any relationship, it is not static.

There are those highs and lows of a relationship that reveal our areas of growth and trust.  I used to need those conferences or whatever it was that helped us feel so deeply the consuming fire of faith, but in this season I am just seeking God in everything.  And that kind of surrendering lifestyle keeps you submissive to listening to Him.  All the time.

This is my devoted love that is a love response to our Creator.  He has proven Himself worthy of trust.  He is faithful and true.  

Have you grown to a deep faith that is not defined by the emotional or spiritual highs of particular experiences?

And still....

With those...don't we crave it? Once we have tasted and delighted ourselves in God's love, don’t we long for it?  Don't our hearts pine deeply over the comfort feeling that experience again and again?

Perhaps spiritual maturity is demonstrated through our commitment to stay through the mountain-top moments and  journey to the valley-low experiences.  

Is our desire born of a curious nature or one of holy craving?  Of course we, just need or want to know the Lord is near.  Don't we like to feel Love close and nearby?

My heart craving is a sign of my heart’s hunger for my One true Love.  

You, God, are my God,
    earnestly I seek you;
I thirst for you,
    my whole being longs for you,
in a dry and parched land
    where there is no water. – Psalm 63:1

When the ebb and flow of our faith has taken us someplace uncomfortable, our longings shows our love.

I have seen you in the sanctuary
    and beheld your power and your glory.
Because your love is better than life,
    my lips will glorify you.
I will praise you as long as I live,
    and in your name I will lift up my hands.
I will be fully satisfied as with the richest of foods;
    with singing lips my mouth will praise you. – Psalm 63:2-5

Our craving shows our hunger for the Holy.  Oh Lord, draw us near.  Bring us close.  



No comments: