Friday, January 27, 2012

Heart to Heart


God and I ....we've had some dangerous conversations lately, honestly...they have been a little challenging.  God is changing my perspective about things.  I see that as a good thing.  God is illuminating my next steps, only inches at a time and I will tenderly tip-toe through with courage.  I am such a messy piece, He knows I can't handle the big view.  The task He has called me to is daunting and overwhelming.  I can only think about it a few words at a time.


God is doing a work in me that is not possible
when I'm living in my comfort zone.

I'm ready to accept God's challenge.  I can remember a time when I wasn't.

I am ready to put some muscle to it.  To give it some sweat, a lot of tears, let my little heart bleed.     

I know it will be hard work, I will wrestle with it.  Trying not to be afraid of it. 

There will be some easy parts and some hard turns.  Some thick and thin places.  Inevitable twists.

I will have to sacrifice, set aside, and dedicate.  I will need discipline.  This is not the time for lack of faith. 


I'm sure there will be failures, mistakes, errors.  But those refine and define.

But...mostly there will be a long obedience in the right direction with His goal in mind.  Obedience is what God requires of me.

As my humble heart meets His ...I am ready. 

I will follow.  Finally.  Surprise me God.


Has God asked you to do something hard?  



5 comments:

LB Selix said...

Janelle--

You know all things are possible with God...we must have faith to follow through! You are stronger than you give yourself credit for! Believing God by Beth Moore is a great book, check it out!

I know through God you can do it!

Lisa

Unknown said...

As always one I needed to read!

Unknown said...

Thanks Lisa and Brenda for reading today

Kim V said...

I enjoyed reading this. I think it's awesome that you know what God is calling you to do! My prayer has always been to know, but God has led me on a journey where I must trust along the way. I have loved being able to see where God has moved along the way and know I'm on the right path. But it's also hard sometimes just wanting the answer now:) You will be in my prayers for the strength you need. :)

Anonymous said...

Right there with ya on this one..and most of mine are as a result of waking up everyday for a year and saying: Suprise Me God.....~ Melissa