Monday, September 8, 2008

A little too close to home

Ok, if you missed it this morning on the show today, I told of a narrow escape of a tornado kind. Early Sunday morning, a tornado hit our house. Now it's still standing but there is some damage on the roof, windows, trees, fences

and our dog house is still missing. It's probably in China right now...who knows. We were not at home at the time, our son Shayne was however, and he rode the storm in a inside closet in our house. He said it sounded like a train going by. Thank goodness, he wasn't hurt. It blew out one of our windows and got the carpet soaked. It also pummeled the north side siding on our house with hail the size of golf balls. This all comes on the heels of my narrow escape with a raccoon that caused $2000 worth of damage to my car, the mouse that attended last week's staff meeting, and the recovery of my husband from surgery. Needless to say, my husband reminded me that as Christians, God only promised us a safe landing, not necessarily a smooth ride there. *Big Sigh*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Janelle, my love, when you're on fire for the Lord you can be sure satan's taking notice. His aim is on you, but stand strong in the protection of the One we live to serve! Check that armor, my friend - and we will most definitely be praying for you!

Sheryl :)