Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Ultimate Shopping List

Today with the big question, we asked if you let your spouse go the grocery store for you, how does that work out for you? One lady said every time she sends her husband to the store he comes back with the essentials, that would be Ramen noodles and a gallon of milk. Yeah, funny. Maybe the problem the shopping list itself. Maybe your grocery list isn't as organized as Darcey the engineer's. He takes grocery shopping seriously. Take a look.
.
Yes, this is his list. Can you believe how organized he is?? Is this the key to successful shopping? I mean he has it organized down to the aisle number of where he will find the product. I am amazed that anyone thinks about it so much and has done the research. It would definitely save time and money. That would be a good thing. Maybe I could hire Darcey to be my personal grocery shopper/organizer. Afterall, he is an engineer, isn't that what you would expect?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who doesn't like to get through Walmart as fast as humanly possible? Darcey is onto something.. What other amazing things does he keep in the fanny bag?

Angela said...

I actually do this same type of list, organized by aisle, als (although not aisle number, I'm not that good) - but the items on my list are more generic - ie, "toothpaste", "laundry detergent". I definitely need to be more specific so I can feel comfortable sending hubby to the store - right now it's down to, "See this box? Look for a box that's JUST like this!" My new list would look more like - "Crest with Scope, blue box - yes, it's there, keep looking!" - then he'll be able to go shopping all by himself ;)

A said...

I do know that the baking isle in my WM is isle 8, and right now the temp baking isle is 13! I have our meal plans down so well that I make lists like this. Until husband decides that he would like variety and comes with me! We end up with 2x the processed food but it does last forever, just because he bought it doesn't mean I have to cook it! (Can food drive anyone?)