Sunday, February 8, 2009

The Chang Gang

February's recipe of the month: P.F. Changs Chicken Lettuce Wraps.
Shayne, my son, likes to cook. I mean he likes to cook new recipes, eat the new recipes but doesn't really like to clean up after himself. Neither do I. I have pretty much determined that the clean up is 99% of the reason why I don't cook with with more than just one pan. Easy clean up is key.

Shayne found a recipe for P.F. Changs Chicken Lettuce Wraps. Now I have had the real thing, and they are amazing. I think there is no way I am going to pull this recipe off. I go to the store and gather the supplies. Half of the stuff I have never heard of before, let alone used. One of the ingredients is hot mustard. I never knew that it came in the "hot" version before.



I made the them with a side dish of rice. Unbelievably, it wasn't hot at all. Ok so when I tried to wrap the lettuce rolls it fell apart, but is still tasted good. So that is why my picture doesn't look like the picture with the recipe.

You can see the wraps and get the recipe for yourself here.

Shayne made an amazing cheesecake using a recipe from the Cheesecake Factory. Yum-o!

What new recipes have you tried lately or what is your favorite recipe?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I just drooled all over my keyboard...can someone get me a napkin?

SouthSoonerChic said...

don't they use those tooth pick type things to hold them together??? I can't remember it's been FOREVER since I went to PF Chang's but if you can find a recipe for that Great Wall of Chocolate I would def want that one!!!!!

Unknown said...

Hey South Sooner Chic! Thanks for your comment. As requested here is the recipe for the Great Wall of Chocolate. http://www.recipezaar.com/Pf-Changs-Great-Wall-of-Chocolate-Cake-351082

SouthSoonerChic said...

yay! thanks janelle!!!!