Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Pop Vs. Water

I used to drink Diet Coke like it was going out of style.  I never thought about drinking water instead.  After all there is no fat, calories or carbs in it.  But during the Total Fitness Challenge, I was told that it has a lot of sodium in it which causes your body to retain water.  WHAT??!?!?!?  But I found it to true.  I really didn't think I could go a day without it actually.  So I asked myself, can I give it up?  I'll try it for 3 weeeks, see what happens.  And I did it!!  Didn't have one sip.  I quit cold turkey!  What I found was I drank more water and after the three weeks I craved water!  Now if you would have told me that before I would have never believed it, but I am here to tell you that indeed it is true.

So try the pop vs. water challenge for yourself.  You will lose weight if you don't drink pop and replace your need for liquids with water.  I missed the fizz of pop so I drank the fizzy flavored water.  That helped me get over my crutch.  Yeah, did I mention that water metabolizes fat?  It does.  If you make one change, come on over to the water side of life.  After time, you won't even miss it anymore.

To be continued...
   

No comments: