Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Text Like A Tweenie

Today we talked about the growing trend of texting, or calling, or surfing the web on your iPhone, etc. Almost 70% of people surveyed said, "checking emails, sending text messages and making phone calls in the company of others is unacceptable." Now I like to text, twitter, and call people just like the next guy, but I became aware of my habit when Lindsay (my daughter) called me a "tweenie". Ouch!! I guess I was ignoring her at the moment. Yeah, I was, I was texting...twittering something important I am sure of it. I don't know how you people do it, twitter and talk at the same time. I must focus on the task at hand. Because of her proclamation, I have tried to slow down a bit. Besides.... does anyone really care about what I am doing anyway?