Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Avery Speak

Mr. Avery practices his couch bouncing skills


Last weekend I went to see the little love of my life, Mr. Avery.  He was very excited to see his Grammy.  One of his cutest features is his little 14-month-old smile.  We played, we rocked, we swung, and we tried to have a picnic but it was too cold!  We snacked, we napped, we danced, and we jumped on the couch and got in trouble with his momma.   When you live two states away you have to pack in as much fun as humanly possible.  Every time.  


He is trying to learn new words.  Somewhere Grammy got lost in Avery's translation and he is now calling me Googah.  I have no idea where he came up with that.  He will hold the play phone up to his ear and call my name..Googah?  After I left to return home, he went from room to room asking for Googah!  He walks around his house carrying my picture and saying Googah, Googah!  He goes to the window looking for Googah.  


Second breakfast brings Lucky Charms
The one fear I had when he was born was that he would not know me as his Grammy since I wouldn't get to see him a lot.  God is giving him the words to speak my name.  Googah = Grammy!  Googah = I haven't forgotten you Grammy.  Googah falls sweetly on my heart.  Googah = I love you!  Googah = Where are you?  Googah = I miss you too!  Oh how I love and miss that little Googah-calling-guy!


Jesus is calling your name too.  When I study His Word I am reminded that God loves and pursues us.  Even if we are two states away, when we don't know where we are headed, and we know where we have been.  In the middle of our missed calls, unanswered emails, awkward silences, and life's problems.  He still pursues us.  He loves to meet us right where we are and take us sweetly and gently, with His mercy and grace, to where He wants us to be.  He woos and draws us close as He whispers.   


Can you hear Him calling your name?  God gives you words to speak too.  It's Master, Teacher, Savior, Mighty God.  It's Warrior, Protector, Redeemer, Lover of your soul.  Those names fall so softly on my heart too as I hear Him call mine.  Be still and listen close.  He's calling! 


Zephaniah 3:17 The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save.  He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.  What a wonderful word picture of God singing over you!  


Can you hear Him calling your name?  What names do you hear when you listen for His voice?  

1 comment:

Marleen said...

So sweet Janelle!! Nothing like the untainted love of a child to remind us of God's love for us.