Wednesday, November 19, 2014

God's economy

Just think....God took care of our forever need, first and foremost...with His eternal love attached.

We hear the term "God's economy" in church as it relates to realizing that our income and resources come from God.  I get that and agree that is true.  ALL that we have comes from God and it all belongs to Him.  But how often do we tend to think that God only blesses those He loves?   

How do we shift our perspective from pauper to princess?  Gratitude.

When I acknowledge that it's all God's, and that all gifts come from Him, then I become more grateful for everything that God has richly given to me. When I see Him blessing others and not me, I'm also joyful for them. 

The God I know won't run out of glorious riches. Ever.

One big life-changing gift that God blesses us with is one we tend to take for granted is the gift of salvation and forgiveness. Recently, I found myself in a season of unforgiving. I had forgiven someone from my past over and over, but I couldn't shake the nagging reminder to guard my heart to not be hurt like that again.  

One day, God's economy hit my heart about it all. 

In God's economy, with His forgiveness comes His forgetfulness.  It's a two part process.  I had forgiven but was hanging on to the memory of the hurt, to guard my heart against being hurt again. God gently reminded me that He forgets as soon as He forgives and that I must do the same.

God has enough forgiveness and enough forgetfulness to protect us from being hurt from our past and those who have hurt us.
From my tear stained heart and after many, many words of gratitude, I realized I had to forgive God's way, with the additional measure of asking God to help me forget those hurtful issues too. 

God's answer was my peace in knowing that I wouldn't be hurt like that again.

What a gift forgetfulness can be only when we aren't hanging on to hurts of the past. We must let God release His forgiveness but also unlock His complete forgetfulness.  I walked away with a smile on my face and more healed than I had ever felt before.

Be grateful for forgiveness, for the complete work of salvation, and the opportunities we can experience this on a daily basis.   Everyday is a renewing of His grace and mercy.

Be grateful for forgetfulness.  By forgetting our hurts from others we are giving release to them in ways we will never know but you will grow so much closer to God in doing so that the hurts can't touch you.  Forgetting puts distance between you and the hurt that plagues you.

Be grateful for love... God's loving ways just keep on giving. I don't know where you are in your attitude of gratitude but when I think about how God has given me eternal salvation, something none of us deserve but is our most important need, then it makes sense to trust Him for everything else that I need to live a blessed life.  Even in my emotional economy. 

When I let His measure of love come against my hurts or wounds.  His grace and forgiveness mend each and every one.

Just think....that God took care of our forever need, first and foremost...with His eternal love attached.

1 Corinthians 15:3-4 "For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures."

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."
When we acknowledge the gift of Christ from the view of the cross, everything else falls into place regarding who owns what, who should have what, and what we need to focus on. Because God loves us so and gives us more than we need, deserve, and could imagine, why wouldn't we want to give him our ALL our life in response to His greatest and most rich gift?

What a gift of great wealth and value, such a rich response of God's heart!

What are you grateful for today because of what you know about God's great gift of love?

No comments: