Thursday, January 31, 2013

Someone Has a Case of the Mondays


Ever felt like you went through a Monday twice?  Not sure what Monday did to rear it's ugly head, but that day sure gets a bad rap for being the worst day of the week.  Truth is usually Mondays are full of trouble and distress, mostly as a result of the weekend activities that have left us tired, drained, spent.

Trouble and distress are woven into the very fabric of our lives on Mondays and other days too.  The Bible tells me have joy in those Mondays.  I know I should but there are circumstances that block my view of the promised attainable joy.  I like to blame it on Mondays.

Someone once said that God won't give you more than you can handle on a Monday or any other day.  I don't swallow that lie.  I believe He does.  I believe that God allows it on Mondays. God gives us more than we can handle on a Monday or any other day because He wants us to need Him and turn to Him for everything.  If we could handle our problem-filled Mondays then why would we need a Savior?  He also loves to surround us with His presence to fill our trouble-filled days.  

The secret to joy-filled Mondays and more is to live above our circumstances.  That doesn't have to happen just one day a week.  Don't we need that everyday?  The Holy Spirit empowers us to live above the trouble and distress that Mondays bring so that we can experience God's peace in the middle of our Mondays.  Now this secret doesn't remove Monday's complex conundrums, but it sure helps.  And it will help your problem filled Tuesdays too.  

Our world is chocked Monday full of un-awesome days.  That's because we live in a world full sin.  We make mistakes, I know....I make plenty of them.  And when we concentrate on our lack of awesome filled Monday's we fail to see God tapping us on the shoulder asking..."Do you need Me yet?"  But His hands gently move from our shoulders to our chin.  He gracefully lifts our face to  lock eyes with His...and once you get that view....those trouble filled Mondays don't matter.  The troubles still for a moment and help us refocus on what truly does matter.  

It's not what you have lost.

It's not what you have gained.

It's not your loaded up email, twitter and facebook accounts.

It's not your friends.

It's your Savior.

It's his Spirit.  It's Him.

Yes, God I need you on this trouble-filled Wednesday, Friday, Sunday and certainly on Mondays and all days.  Hold on to me.  You know that I have trouble.  Trouble that I can't handle.  Give me Your good cheer, give me your joy as we face this trouble-filled day together.  

John 16:33  These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace.  In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...You nailed it for so many of us. ~ Pam

Unknown said...

Another post I need today!

Kristy said...

that was beautiful, and so true!! There was a book I was reading for awhile called "with open hands" by Henri Nouwen for this exact reason. Truly trusting GOd means we let go of ourselves, our wants, our needs, our understandings, and grasp firmly onto him. Ever tried to hold onto your kids hands while they're clutching a toy? Not a firm grasp there. He needs all of us. Our whole hand.

Marci said...

OH.MY.GOODNESS. You have an AMAZING talent! God has blessed you with an ability to use your words to paint pictures and truly touch people's lives in a way far greater than anyone will ever know. Thank you, thank you, thank you for using your gift to bless me and so many others.