Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Don't Phone This In!


Apparently my phone has a problem. It is a LG Xenon and has one of those slide querty keyboard things, that makes it really easy to text. That is one of the big reasons why I bought this phone. When you slide it out, the screen flips so that you can text easier. I don't like using the touch screen to text. Yesterday, out of the blue, all of a sudden the screen stops flipping when the keyboard is slid out. This frustrates me becuase I don't text well the other way. AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGG! I am screaming out (in my mind). Why is this happening!!! I know....it's just a phone but still, I want it work like it is supposed to right??!!??? I researched online and found this fix, but I am afraid of trying it. Is anyone out there that I can trust who can help me?

The fix I found was this:

"The result of the screen not flipping when you open it is that it doesn't let you use the keypad. Use this solution at YOUR OWN RISK... The LG Xenon has an accelerometer that magnetic so what I did, I used a speaker magnet. I left my Xenon open (keypad exposed) and put the speaker magnet at the bottom of the phone just close enough to where the screen flips by itself .(I did small circles with the speaker magnet). Now my Xenon flips the screen when I open the keypad.

I'm guessing that when I put a strong enough magnet to the phone it "corrects" the accelerometer. I'm not sure how long it will stay working or the "bad" effects of putting a magnet to a phone but after so much frustration I didn't care anymore but hey, it works now and I'm happy.

BUT PLEASE DO USE THIS FIX AT YOUR OWN RISK."

Something about "fix at your own risk" makes me afraid to try it. Anyone know? I just want to text again...that's all.

1 comment:

Julie Nephew said...

My husband Michael has the same phone. His does the same thing. His "fix" is to just gets annoyed, gripe a bit, shake the stupid thing, contemplate throwing it out a window, and once all those things are done, the stupid thing starts working again. Good luck!! :)