Wednesday, April 7, 2010

There Will Be A Day!

If you haven't read Brent's blog today, you should. And before I go any further, let me just say that I had this blog formulating in my mind before he wrote his, so I don't want you to think that I am... like...a copy-cat. Here's the deal-io......we all question why. About a lot of things in life. Serious life questions. Life is tough, it's true and there is really nothing easy about it. Even if you are a Christian. But if you are not a believer it looks a lot tougher (at least I think it would). I don't know how people survive with out faith in Jesus these days.

When you look at what is happening in the world today, earthquakes, cancer, death, you wonder where is God? Why isn't He protecting, healing, saving, etc. Oh He can, and does, but why isn't HE doing it for me or so-and-so? The victims in Haiti? I ask that too. Most don't know this, but my husband, Terry, suffers from chronic neuralgic pain. For years he has dealt with cancer, pain, surgeries, and side effects from medications. I never talk about because it hurts...everyday. Terry is a champion when it just comes to the simple task of getting out of bed most days. I have asked WHY GOD? Many days. I have no answers except "I will heal Terry". Now, I don't know when and I don't know how but just that fact that God CAN, makes me get out of bed everyday. Do you have a situation where you don't understand how God is working and ask why?

When I face these kinds of situations, all I can do is trust God. Believe God. Wait on God. Be assured by God's faithfulness in His Word. It's all I can do. Because when I start to ask WHY, that is when doubt comes in. Satan wants me to doubt. Doubt is one of his biggest tools he uses to distract, turn away, and harden hearts away from God. Don't fall into that trap.

But still, what do you do with all these feelings of doubt? I just have to give them to God. Everyday, I surrender my why questions to God, knowing that He is working ALL things in my life to His glory, and for my benefit. I don't know why He chooses not to heal now or ten years ago....the questions are endless. Still I must trust, trust, trust.

Remember, we "suffer" because we live in a sin-filled world. Remember, we are just passing through on our way to Heaven. Remember there will be a day, when we don't have to worry about.....(you fill in your own blank here).

Wow...I am depressing...and can cry at the drop of a hat.

What's your WHY question?

7 comments:

Unknown said...

You and Terry are both champions...you're both blessings to so many people...you have no idea.

mist benson said...

Ur faith is such an inspiration! God is our healer, I couldn't imagine my life without god, even when I feel like I can't go on, I just remember Footprints in the Sand! I love knowing god is there and loves me no matter what!

Anonymous said...

I have several "why"'s in my life and i have to just continue day to day not asking why. Thank you for sharing your strugles. It helps me to know that there are other christians strugling. Some times i feel like i am alone. Then i remember even if the whole world forgets or ignores you, Jesus doesn't.

Anonymous said...

I can totally relate to asking God why? I recently went through a really rough situation to the point I was up almost all night pacing the floor and asking why? I finally prayed, and God impressed upon me "do you trust me" of course I do God, "then act like you trust me, go to bed, stop pacing the floor, stop worrying, just trust me"

Kathy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathy said...

These words are powerful.

You really are an example of Trust. I have been blessed watching you the past few years.

Thanks friend!

Unknown said...

When everything "falls apart"...your arms hold me together. My favorite song right now from FEE ~ "Everything Falls".