Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Salt Shaker Incident

It was early morning, and I was fixing my coffee for my daily quite time. And there sat the salt shaker....out of place....again.  I quickly picked it up,  and said to myself...."If I have to move this one more time, I am going to snap!" I was about to slam the salt shaker into it's rightful place...when i was slammed by the Holy Spirit. "Hey....you miss the mark too". My arm stopped in mid air, holding the salt shaker in tact.

That was a holy moment over some spilled salt.  I was upset about the salt shaker being a half-inch from my preferred place on the counter, when the Spirit reminded me that sometimes I am not in the right place with Him.  Ouch, that jolted me more than the freshly brewed coffee.  

I was reminded of my unawareness.

I was reminded of my constant imperfections.

I was reminded of my unkind intentions.

I must make my every word and action count, keeping Christ as my example and responding with the fruits of the Spirit.   

All this from a salt shaker out of place. What is out of place in your life?  

2 comments:

Female in Motion said...

Our posts seem complementary today. Great minds think alike? I think it's Grace of God! Thanks!

Lloyd said...

my entire spice rack... thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and growing moments... it's nice to know we're not alone with these 'reminders'...