Thursday, August 4, 2011

Seeing Past the Point

One of the turning points in my writing dream was a moment of encouragement from writing friend who simply said..."You have to jump off the cliff, knowing you will fall....and let God catch you."


I had been close to this point of no return a lot of times, but was afraid to "jump".  When she reminded me that God was going to be there to catch me when I fall, it was like her words removed the fear of moving forward.  


As I edged my way to the dangerous ledge of my dream and looked over into the deep, dark pit of the unknown, I knew I had to give myself a chance.  This was my time to move and to trust God to see where He leads.  So in that moment, I visualized God catching me as I was free falling.  And believe it or not, I was caught and didn't hit the bottom, there was no tiny dust-clouded thud.  Really...it's what I needed...to see past the point.


I came away from that conversation that knowing that hopes and dreams are not a process of "discovery but a process of recovery".  I believe that God plants our dreams deep within.  It is what drives our passions, our motivations, our inner sense of what we were designed for.  With the talents God gives, we have to be obedient to follow His leading even if it is just small steps at a time or giant leaps of into a deep chasm.  We must trust that He will catch us when we fall.  From this point of view, I am seeking His recovery.    


Matthew 6:33  Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need. (NLT)


The chorus from Red's song "Not Alone"
I am with you ~ I will carry you through it all ~ I won't leave you 
 I will catch you ~ When you feel like letting go
'Cause you're not You're not alone 


What are you seeking?
    

No comments: