Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Becoming

I am becoming....becoming someone new.  I am what I think I am.  Or at least I am on my way to becoming who Christ sees me.  


My challenge is just that.....to see myself as Christ sees me, as others see me.  You see, for years, I have not thought of myself as valuable, important, or pretty.  I was not taught that.  Instead I have let the lie of the unlovable, the overweight, the imperfect, the you-will-never-fit-in-because-you-are-fat-lie to affect me.


My challenge is to de-program my thinking to God's opinion of me.  It's His approval that I seek.  This is hard to write.  But He has made it right already with His work on the cross.  He sees beauty, He sees me with grace and mercy, He sees me with love.  


As I read His Word, I am becoming.  The world doesn't give me a beauty message.  This world compares.  It measures, it puts unrealistic expectations in front of you like a dangling carrot.  This world makes me discontent with what God has blessed me with, to not accept as good.  Satan has served me these lies, lies I have swallowed for years.  I know I am not perfect, nor will I ever be.  But in this becoming transformation, I want to think and adopt I am who God thinks I am.  I am His beloved.  Knowing that He loves me just the way I am is good.  Knowing that I am a forgiven daughter is great.  Knowing is becoming.  


Ephesians 5:1 Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.

What are you overcoming to become?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Psalm 139:14
New International Version (NIV)

14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.