Friday, September 2, 2011

Power Through

When you make changes in life, no matter in health, in fitness, in finances and especially in the matters of faith, there are those seasons when it becomes difficult and overwhelming for a number of reasons.  


Those facts of reality make it increasingly hard to stick with a plan.  I sometimes want to give up.  I want to walk (not running yet) to the hills or just away.  I want all of it...whatever-the-circumstances...to go far from me.


God has been teaching me to power through.  If anything, in my current situation... it's getting more difficult to deal.  God's word I got this week was "to keep your head down and power through...you can do this with Me by your side."  


My response...."Ugh....ok".  


When you power through you must increase your efforts.  


You must maintain consistency.


You must not let go.


You have to hang on...and not give up.  


I cling to the promise He has my hand and my heart.  The strength and tenacity I need to power through comes from God.  My circumstances haven't changed, my power source hasn't changed either.  


Ps. 46: 1- 2 ~ God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble.  So we will not fear, even if earthquakes come and the mountains crumble into the sea.

God is my power through plan.  I will not stray.  I will.

No comments: