Monday, September 5, 2011

Happy Labor Day Music Monday [God Is Still God]


This song by Heather Williams is a prayer put to music.  I have shared the lyrics with a friend who is going through a dark time of suicide right now.  I don't really know how to help.  I am praying for her and have shared the request on our prayer wall on The House FM.  One thing I do know is that praying for her is enough.  How?  I am laying the needs before our Father in Heaven who knows.  He is God.  He can help more that my mind can comprehend.  I trust in prayers because I believe.  I believe that God is still...God.


Wish I knew what I’m supposed to say to you
What you’re going through
But I don’t know what you’re feeling
Does anyone know what you’re feeling right now

You’re afraid
The future's like an enemy, and you just wish you could see
‘Cause you don’t know where you’re going
Don’t let it keep you from hoping right now

Yeah we’ve all been lost and we’ve all been hurt
Where our hope is spent and our faith don’t work
But nothing lasts forever
The only thing that matters
Is God is still God and He holds it together

So hang on now

He’s been there, walking in the wilderness
When it’s hard to see the end
But He had the strength to do it, so He can help you through it
So hang on now

So even when you lie awake
And bend until you almost break
The darkest time is right before the dawn

God is God.  When we really understand that simple truth it can eliminate a lot of fears that consume our heads and hearts.  I don't begin to assume that I have any answers. But when I remember that God has answers...even when there are blanks...in my mind, my questions, my prayers, I have assurance that some day, some how, there will be answers.  God has His resolutions in place. God knows.  God has been "walking in the wilderness" but He also knows the end of the story.  God is still the same God of the Bible to me.  God knows my darkest point, He knows the dark times ahead, He knows.  I am thankful that He is still God.  I need Him to be just that.  My friend does too.

What dark time of your wilderness has God brought you through?

By the way...Heather Williams is very passionate about Mission of Mercy.  I join her in her enthusiasm in being a voice for children in need.  If you are interested in sponsorship with Mission of Mercy....please email me at janelle@thehousefm.com.  I can help connect you!

No comments: