Monday, January 2, 2012

Music Monday [Starting Over Again]


This week's Music Monday is brought to you from Jenny Simmons of Addison Road.  It has never heard on the radio, only on stage.


Open up your eyes
Awake, arise
Love like a hand reaches down
And pulls us up from the dirty ground


Now is the time
To step from the dark into the light
Cause you can’t change what you’ve done
But you can choose who you’ll become


(CHORUS)
Every moment is a second chance
At starting over, at starting over
Move from the past to the present tense
You can start over, start over again


If you feel ashamed
Of the choices that you’ve made
You can be whole again
And return to your innocence


(CHORUS)
Every moment is a second chance
At starting over, at starting over
Move from the past to the present tense
You can start over, start over again


Yesterday is gone
Today is all you’ve got
You don’t have to be who you’ve been
You can change within
It’s never too late
To start over again


(CHORUS)
Every moment is a second chance
At starting over, at starting over
Move from the past to the present tense
You can start over, start over again


With all of the resolution talk these days, the start of every new year brings a chance to start over.  I think about starting over often..pushing the reset button.


Maybe you lost your innocence last year, maybe you lost a loved one and are wondering how to face today, maybe you lost sight of a well-intention goal from 2011, maybe you gave up on something you wanted to do for God, maybe you need to push reset too.


I am thankful that God gives second chances.  I am thankful that his compassion never ends.  I am thankful that He rules in justice and love.  I am thankful that when my heart pursues other things, He still pursues me.  I am thankful that God wants to restores me to the point of His best innocence for me.  I am thankful that God has a plan and His laser focus is bent on bringing me to where he wants me to be, based on His character, and not my limitations.  I am thankful that every moment is a second chance to grab hold of his grace.  I am thankful for the thin places where I can see the difference he wants to make in my heart.  I am thankful for the past year of difficult circumstances where I have learned more about God than I could ever imagine.  I am thankful that God wants me start again.


What do you need to start over?  Because of what you lived last year, what will be different about 2012?

No comments: