Monday, April 2, 2012

Music Monday [Where I Belong]



At Winter Jam there were some volunteers sporting yellow hard hats and t-shirts.  They were the street team for Building 429 helping to push their product, but it gave a construction zone feel to the place.  They came out on stage they sang their set, but the lyrics of Where I Belong really hit my heart.  

So when the walls come falling down on me
And when I'm lost in the current of a raging sea
I have this blessed assurance holding me.


Many times in 
construction zones, it gets really messy before it gets better.  There is pretty much a mess with materials and tools until the job is complete.  I often consider my life like a construction zone with God as the Master Planner.  He's got the blueprints and has designed me to obey and follow Him.  I often want to peek at the plans to see where we are headed.    One truth remains as I seek to follow and that is I am not "home" yet. 


Home is heaven and I have accepted His invitation to join Him in living my forever there.  That's where I belong.  So in this world that I live and in my home that I reside I have a blessed assurance that God is holding me and holding the plans for my tomorrows.  His assurance gives me comfort that this world is not a home that God created me for...He knew that I would just be passing through.  That's comforting, that helps.


In my construction zone of transformation, as I thrive to be more like Christ, there are a lot of twists, turns, walls being built, walls falling down.  The zone of change is quite active like a raging sea at times.  A lot of turmoil, a lot of trials, a lot of opportunities, a lot of impact.  But through it all, I have God's assurance...this is not where I belong.  Heaven is.  



No comments: