Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Celebrate Your Freedom



One Monster Cracker
Every year at my house there is tension on this day.  I don't like spending money on fireworks but the rest of my family does.  It's because I was taught by my founding father that it was a waste of money.  So now...almost every year there are some "fireworks" at our house, and I always lose.  


But I do have a confession...I enjoy seeing the fireworks explode.  I love to watch them soar into the air with their fabulous, magical streams of colors, whistles and trails of smoke.  I don't like the process but I like the result.    


I also like celebrating freedoms and am so thankful that God has allowed me to live in a free country.  Spiritually, this past year has been quite a journey from my personal past.  Although this faith journey is long from over, that's another reason to celebrate, in that God is not done with me yet.  He celebrates each shift I make towards His holiness.  


Spending time studying His Word allows His Spirit to
explode truth into my heart and it's always time well spent. 


"Then you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free."  John 8:32 

One truth that I have found as I walk with God is that the more freedom I discover in Christ, the more dependent I must to be on God.  Independence has no place here when you are walking along in faith.  Dependence on God is essential and an added bonus is we get trust in God for each step.  

Our Founding Father delights in this process as we declare independence from our sinful ways.  And as the faith fuse burns, it brings us new level of trust and dependence on Him.  The declaration of my dependence is sometimes a difficult process but I like the results.  Dependence births freedom.  That is something worth celebrating each and every time.


How do you celebrate freedom?

No comments: