Tuesday, July 24, 2012

There Is Something Good In Every Day




I am always amazed with the way fear creeps into my thoughts in almost an instant.  It's like in the snap of a finger...here it comes.  I don't live a dangerous life really.  I've never made an attempt to cross Niagara Falls on a tightrope.  But I find that my mind so easily slips into the future where worries abound.


When I pray about those things that are on my mind, there are some words that penetrates my heart.  
His grace is sufficient.  


God says to me..."I have given you enough grace...for today.  And your tomorrows?  I have got those covered too.  You don't need tomorrows grace today, because I have already given you a full measure.  And all you need for the rest of this day...is your full grace portion that I have measured out just for you."


So the next time fear hits my heart and tears stream in anticipation of "what's next"...or what's around the next corner...I immediately trust in His portioned grace to fill in my "what's" and "wonders".  And when fear blossoms into a full blown mushroom of atomic panic, I know God meets me with a fully measured portion of His goodness.  


"And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus."  Philippians 4:9


For today...there is His grace that meets me face to face as I face my fears.  That's something good in this day.


2 comments:

Kathy said...

I thank the Lord for you , Janelle . You inspire me so much to keep moving forward in my walk with God . May the Lord bless you abundantly.

Elisha said...

Love it!