Friday, August 10, 2012

Five Minute Friday {First}

We have many firsts.

First day of school, first day of the school year.  First grade, first for recess.

First baby steps, first tooth, first smile, wave and giggle.

First tears, fears, and victories.

First born, first place ribbon or award, Olympic gold.

First row seating or first priority.

Most firsts are milestones.  Most of them matter.  Most of them are worth remembering.

Who could forget the first walk on the moon?  You don't?  Google it!

Do you remember your first day at school in Kindergarten?  I do...I cried and felt all alone.  I can still see my mom walking down the long hallway towards the door, as she turned to wave at me, 
all I could do was yell "please don't leave me".  I guess I got over it...eventually.  
My first carton of chocolate milked helped.

Do you remember your first place ribbon you received in the spelling bee or track meet?  
I was always dead last in running and spelling.

Do you remember the first time you heard your favorite song?  
The first time you stepped foot in church... how you felt?

Do you remember your first kiss?  How about your first time behind the wheel?  
First time on wheels?

When was the last time you did something for the first time?

Firsts can be lasts.  Most times the first is the most notable.

First mission trip, first job, first child, first car, first F in school, 
firsts are like milestones or benchmarks.

God loved us first.

What's first in your life?   
"But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness,
and all these things will be given to you as well."  Matthew 6:33

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't remember my first day of pre-k