Monday, September 17, 2012

Music Monday [Live It Out] Abandon



This week's song for Music Monday is Abandon's "Live It Out".  The lyrics have to do with living the love of Christ out loud.  It talks about living in it and breaking out of the sin patterns of life.  It's about time.  It's about abandonment.  This is what it says to me.

I was on a weekend trip when God spoke to my heart and asked me a question.  It seemed hard at the moment, but after thinking about it...what was a bit harder...was, what my sinful heart had to answer.

The question was urgent, and it would affect my entire life.  It was time.  It was about time.
It shouldn't be hard.  God has the answers to my sin-infected world.  My part would be easy but yet require much surrender.  Yes, God, I feel the urgency.

My favorite part of Live It Out...

We are lost and broken people
Turned our crosses into steeples
Let's take them down and put them on our backs now
Keep your love on track now
Cause this is an emergency
Yea, this is an emergency

The answer is simple.  More Jesus, more truth applied to ALL and each part of me.  It's about time.  God's question?......"When will you start living...my words that you read everyday?  When?  It's time to get graciously serious.  It's about time to live my love out loud."

So my prayer here is this..song..."Dear God, before there was me, there was you.  You have spoken words full of meaning in your Word.  Let your power be all I need in my life, more of You and less of me.  You are my portion, my prize, my fire that lights my eyes.  You are the light unto my way.  The guiding hand through all my days.  All I need is nothing more of this life except more of You." ~ Lauren Lee  (John 3:30)

"Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children, and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God." 
Eph. 5:1-2

My answer... Yes, Lord...let Your truth reign.  Let your love rule in my heart.  I want to live your Love out!

1 comment:

Todd said...

Well said and thank you for posting. It is very encouraging to all seeing this shared with us. Keep pressing on toward the mark and saying yes to HIM.