Wednesday, November 13, 2013

My favorite time of the day


I've thinking about my favorites.

God.
Family.
Africa.

Yes, In that order.

You are wondering where writing is on this list?  It's my unspoken favorite.

The favorite part of me.  I can't really explain it except that when I do this, when I tell you what's on my heart, it's my favorite time of the day.

When does this happen?

When I spend time with my Favorite.  Do you know there are days I wake up at 2:30 am?

You would think it was because of my coffee addiction or some other reason like insomnia.  But honestly, it's my favorite time.

My favorite time of the day is when God prompts me to write.  Right now I could have ten conversations with you.  God stimulates, rejuvenates and favorites this time.

God prompts me to write thoughts to you just about any hour of the day.  My brain is on overload, my heart is overflowing most days.

I carry pen and paper with me at all times.  I never know when I am going to get inspired or have a thought that I need to share.  But I have to be prepared to spend it my favorite way.

You've just glimpsed into my freaky favorite time.

When you see a tweet you like you favorite it.  When you see a picture on Instagram you heart it.  When you see someone else's life in a Facebook status update you like it.  You mark your favorites, you have them too.

So I challenge you to look at what your favorites are.

I'm inspired but then I pray to be inspired.  You may think that thinking about favorites is a waste of time, but I disagree.  My number one favorite starts with spending time my favorite way.

In this order:
God
Family
Africa

Writing in-between the favorite verses, things, people, places, favorites under the sun.

Be inspired to do something to tweet about, something that isn't just complaining on Facebook, something that would inspire someone else.  Do what you consider your favorite.

That is your favorite time of the day.




No comments: