Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Nothing Tastes Better


Absolutely, without a shadow of a doubt, nothing, zero, zilch, nada, zippo...nothing tastes as good as being healthy feels. I have adopted that as my life's philosophy. It keeps me from eating crazy things like chocolate, cakes, cookies, and other random nibblings and snacks when I am not hungry or it's not a healthy choice. Seriously, think about the food you put it in your mouth BEFORE you eat it. Is it healthy? Are you hungry? If not hungry, why are you eating now? Does it fit into your food plan? I know....I ask all the hard questions.

The answers will both surprise and help you. Think about why you are eating the food that you choose. Is it convenience? Habit? Can't come up with a good answer? Yeah...I was trapped in that cycle. I naturally choose food that is a comfort to me. Comfort food takes on many tastes, but I used to eat what is fast, easy and tasty. When I decided to make some changes I had to look at the foods I was eating and ask myself why I was eating them. It was hard, don't kid yourself. Eating healthy takes preparation. You have to be a little selfish, in that you must see to it that when the snack attack hits that you have foods that will nourish you and not just add to your hips.

When I am tempted to eat from the Sugar Free box of chocolates that hangs out on the coffee bar at work or a deliciously-hot-homemade-loaded-with-chocolate chip cookie, I think about my goal, my personal challenges to always eat healthy and how nothing tastes as good as being thin feels. It works for me perhaps it will work for you.

To be continued....

3 comments:

Julieta said...

It's really helpfull for me, when i'm on a diet, to think that i know the taste of that wonderfull cookie, for example...
I don't need to eat it, to know that... I can do it later... it's not the end of the world if i don't eat the cookie...

Julieta said...

...(Sorry for my english)

Brent Clickner said...

I have been doing the same things you have, minus the excercise. In the past 3 months, I have lost almost 30 pounds. All by changing how much I eat every meal. And I can still have a cookie every now and then :)