Friday, March 26, 2010

Hummus...mmmmm good!


Here's my recipe for some delicious hummus. It's great with veggies or I eat it by the spoonfuls. (I know...but it's THAT good)


1 can of garbanzo beans (drained, save juice)
2 cloves of garlic
3-4 T. olive oil
2 lemons (squeezed)
2 T. tahini spread
1/2 cup of cilantro
1 1/2 tsp. salt
ground pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients in a food processor. Add garbanzo bean juice until desired consistency. I have to give props to my friend Tina Ahern for sharing this recipe with me. Enjoy!


----- Original Message -----

2 comments:

Jami Engel said...

Sounds great, but what is tahini spread?

Unknown said...

Tahini spread is something you find in the International food section. It's a sesame seed paste. It really doesn't have a flavor and this recipe can be made without it with no difference in the taste. I have found Tahini spread at Target.