Thursday, May 20, 2010

I feel FAT when?

Even though I have lost 104 lbs., I still have a few issues. Mostly in my perspective of how I look and feel. I feel fat when..
my muffin top spills over the top of my jeans.
my stomach expands twice it's size after I eat lunch
my lungs collapse when I try to run
my "vwl" (visible waist line) shows through my shirts
my mirror tells me I need to loose another 50 lbs.
my "not size 4 pants" are tight

Notice that most of these comments are my "perspective" of how I look. I have a problem with acknowledging my weight loss successes sometimes. In my head, I still "feel fat". If you ever had a weight problem, you know what I am talking about. I often pick up my "ugly stick", give myself a thorough beating, then toss it in the corner.

But again, just last week, God reassured me with HIS perspective in this verse from Psalm 139:13-16: "You created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." To put it simply, God doesn't make junk and I am wonderfully made. With all of the things I don't like about me, I AM STILL WONDERFULLY MADE! (Yes, I was shouting here)
So I am going to toss the ugly stick...... travel with me.....to the "cliff" in my mind, give that ugly stick a big "heave-ho!" into the giant abyss. The pit is bottomless, that means it can't come back. I like to toss my problems there. Now I can see...I am wonderfully made. Thanks God!!

When do you feel fat? Do you have a "ugly stick"? Give it the 'ole heave-ho!

2 comments:

Rick Smith said...

You are not fat! :)

Anonymous said...

Janelle,
I totally get what you are saying! But you have done AWSOME!!! You are an inspiration to me. I just started South Beach Tuesday and praying I can stick it out.

Much Love,
Dusty