Monday, June 14, 2010

Can Anybody Hear Me?

I have been trying to blog everyday. I might have missed a few days, but still I have been making a conscious effort to write down my daily thoughts. One of my hurdles is getting over whether anyone is actually reading them. I feel so exposed sometimes because I am really sharing some deep feelings. Can anybody hear me? I guess that is one of the pit falls that bloggers/writers fall into. The fear of being judged by the words that are written. I have a deep-seated fear that this will happen to me.

No one likes to be judged, especially for their opinion. Every time I write I feel as if there is someone out there that reads it and then says to themselves, "Well, that was a waste of time." Or "That's two minutes of my life that I will never get back." Or "I think this might have been helpful if it would have discussed this...". Rejection!

If you are a reader of mine, then please suggest what might be helpful to you. I am just writing about things that happen in my life, and praying that it also applies to you. Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't. I don't know. That's what I am afraid of, the not knowing. Do you like it or do you hate it?

I feel like my writing is a calling of God. I am modestly saying that I feel that this blog can accomplish a purpose set apart for God's purposes. But I want to check in with you to see if that is what is really happening. Just bearing my heart here and hoping that my blog is helpful or entertaining. Now I am afraid of the answers, or worse yet, no answers.

Can anybody hear me?
Post a Comment