Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Twinkie Conflict

I like to read and to feed my reading habit I subscribe to lots of magazines. I like to think that I am expanding my brain with all kinds of knowledge but I am also subjecting myself to one life's biggest contradictions ever!!

You may know what I am talking about if subscribe to Family Circle or Woman's Day. Do you love the way they put "Fitness For Life" right next to a giant, delightful looking cake with coconut and chocolate drizzle on it? Hey editors, if your purpose is to get me to thinking about how great a HUGE slice of cake would taste right now...you've done it! Thanks...for nothing! AAAAKKKKKK!!!!!

Don't buy into the lie. Don't act on what you are tempted by. You know they are just doing this to get us to buy the magazines right? Well, even though I have bought them I have to say NO to the thought processes that this conundrum causes me. 1 Corinthians 10:13 says, "No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it."

I call this the twinkie conflict. If twinkies are calling your name and you buy them and then you take them home and then eat them, THEN you shouldn't buy them. No, don't do it! News flash...the twinkies are causing you to sin, if you shouldn't eat the twinkies, don't bring them into your house. It's a simple truth that I abide by.

The magazine sometimes cause me to think about eating cake, that's not a good idea for me. I eat one piece, I will eat 10 more. Seriously. Therefore, I say NO to temptation, to the conflict, to the twinkie and say yes to obedience of not caving to every picture of delightful foods, cakes and or cookies.

What causes you to be tempted and how do you conquer it? Don't buy into the lie, remain faithful to your goal. Don't buy the twinkies.

No comments: