Wednesday, June 16, 2010

DR Travel Log # 6 ~ Share the Love


One thing God has been teaching me is to love unconditionally. For a normal human that is hard, do you do it well?

About a year ago God brought some people into my life. What a joy it has been to get to know them, engage them, embrace them. I have invested in their lives. If anything were to happen to them, I would be devastated. There will come a time when I won't have them in my life as much as they are now. When that happens, there will be a huge whole in my heart.

The lesson I have been learning here is love. I can love them unconditionally, just like Jesus loves me. It's easy to do because these people are lovable. But also God has been teaching me that it's His love, THAT kind of love, is what I need to show and embrace others with. Especially the lost. The lesson is to love no matter what. No matter the circumstances, backgrounds, ethnicity, age, personality, behavior, etc.

Wow....my heart is full and just in time for the mission trip although I don't think this is a coincidence. It's what I have been praying for. Dear God, give me a love for the unlovable, the lovable, the lost. What happened in the process was that I fell in love with Jesus...again, and with the idea of loving everyone. I would like to think that God has given me a love like His, although I don't actually think I have the capacity to love completely like Him.

My prayer is that THIS kind of love will permeate into my heart, overflow to those who need it. To everyone I meet. When I meet someone that could be different, God quickly brings to my mind, "remember those precious people I have already brought to you? Yes.....love the least of these like that."

THAT kind of love excites me. We are family already.

No comments: