Wednesday, July 14, 2010

This is For Those Who Wait

This song by Fireflight heard on The House FM is really speaking to me right now:






This Is For Those Who Wait

Another day another waiting game
A little different but it’s still the same
I am here but where's the One I’m longing for?
I’m having trouble feeling all alone
Will my heart ever find a home?
I want to hope but sometimes
I just don’t know
I know I’m not the only one

(Chorus)
So we sing a lullaby
To the lonely hearts tonight
Let it set Your heart on fire
Let it set You free
When you’re fighting to believe
in a love that you can’t see
Just know there is a purpose
For those who wait

I want to open up my eyes
I know that all I need is time
I’m growing stronger every single day
God, I’m gonna lean into You now
Letting go of all my fear and doubt
I can’t do this on my own so
I’ll give You control
I know I’m not the only one

Chorus

The pressure makes us stronger
The struggle makes us hunger
The hard lessons make the difference
The pressure makes us stronger
The struggle makes us hunger
The hard lessons make the difference
And the difference makes it worth it

Chorus

Let it set your heart on fire
This is for those that wait

We all play the waiting game don't we? We pray, pray and then pray some more for a request or something we think we need. God answers. But sometimes we have to wait on God.

God always answers prayers, and in His perfect time. I am waiting for an answer from God. He has given me the assurance that He has heard my prayer, and has given me a small peek into the answer. I just don't know when, how, where, or what. Some of the pieces are missing from the answer, the big picture.

For me, this is and continues to be one of the big challenges a Christian faces. Does anyone really do that gracefully? Are you waiting on God? And what about the feelings that come with the waiting? Here comes all the doubts..... Does He hear me? Why me? Why must I wait?

A friend reminded me that just because I am waiting on God's answer, doesn't give me an excuse to lose hope. Whoa....reality check. Ok, so I know God will answer but by giving Him the reigns of this request, I realized that I had let doubt come in and steal my hope. Yikes!!! That means I don't believe God can or will.

So since that revelation, I have come to my knees again, with my request, like it is for the first time, with renewed hope and expectation. I know God hears my prayers and I know that He has the perfect answer at the perfect time. And I will wait, with hopes high, no matter what comes or when. This is for you who wait, don't give up hope. Waiting teaches us strength, endurance, character, trust, and eventually victory. "The struggle makes us stronger, the difference makes it worth it."

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I am also in a waiting period & can't wait to see how God brings about the answer that He's already assured me is coming! Thanks for the reminder that I'm not the only one waiting.

Unknown said...

Sometimes waiting is unbearable, but through it all, God will bring us unto Himself, in a way that couldn't have happened otherwise. Thanks for reading!