Friday, August 27, 2010

A Penny for Your Thoughts

As a writer, there will be times when your mind and heart are dry. A barren wasteland for words, that make sense. Oh I have a lot that flow through my head, but it takes time to process them, write them and make sense of them. And I want to make my words count. To cause change, to be change agent with my words. I am not sure that I accomplish that....ever.

With that in mind, it's hard. I also read other writer's blogs to be inspired, to learn, to grow. I read this just today, www.ourmarriageproject.com and felt a lot better about writing. Thanks Kyle.
Every post I write doesn’t have to change the world, but I am changed every time I sit down to write.

If you paint a painting someone out there is going to think it’s dumb. If you put a new album on iTunes somebody is going to disagree with your message. They might not voice it but you know that they know.

There’s resistance in the world (even on a small blog with only a few followers!) and this forces me to write things I believe in and stand for. It forces me to tell a good story and convey what I am learning. To create art is to change because art is nothing but a sliver of your story, it is a part of who you’re becoming. And if you’re not becoming anything, if you’re not changing, there is no story.

Paul writes to the Philippians that he will “remain and continue with them, for their progress and joy in the faith.” Sometimes it feels like life is just a series of snapshots lined end-over-end like one of those kids flippy-picture-books when, in reality, it is a linear progression of becoming more and more of who we were created to be.

God, please continue to change me and use me to be a change agent to those who read. Give me words.....Yours.

No comments: