Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Detours

Life is overwhelming. We are overloaded with information because of the advancement of technology. Think about how much you are bombarded with words, commercials, words, images, words, lyrics, words in a 24-hour period. It is challenge to discern, what is good and what isn't. I know...being in the information/entertainment "business" aka radio, it's easy to get distracted.

So all the more to stay focused on the matters at hand. For me, the focus is making a difference. I want to close the gap between awarenes, or information overload, to action. This "bridge" is crowded with all kinds of distractions, like shark week on the discovery channel...WHAT??? I have been seeking God about His desires for me to make an impact. You're thinking..."you should know this already". Yeah, I should. But sometimes the path is loaded with detours.

I have come to realize that detours are ok. There is value in traveling down the crooked path, life is not always about walking a straight line. The end result is the same, but the ways you get there could be different.

Detours are inevitable. That fact doesn’t mean God has changed His mind about my destination. The final word on my life is not going to be the detours I experience. It’s going to be the destination. God uses detours or the crooked path to take us to it. What detours or crooked path is God taking you down?

No comments: