Sunday, May 1, 2011

A Messy Work

My life is messy. I find my self in the middle of a pile of rubble most days. I am talking about the Spirit induced change that only God can bring to light. I have many compartments in my heart that need a beam of truth illuminated in their corners. At times, it feels like I am living in the prodigal pigpen that sucks me into the mire of mud and trough of garbage. Yeah, I would say my life is pretty messy.

But with those ugly exhibitions comes the hope and the knowledge that God isn't ready to give up on me. You see, I am a masterpiece, His daughter, a child of God. And when he looks at me, I know that He is looking at me with His compassion colored glasses that brings grace and mercy. Without that I would be in a heap of double rubble.

Jon Acuff recently tweeted "Who you are, what you’re worth, those are not questions Thursday will answer. That debate is over. You are God’s work of art." You are masterpiece...believe it!

Eph 2:10 "For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."

It is his powerful, creative work in us to make the masterpiece. If God considers us His works of art, and worth dying for, then we dare not treat ourselves or others with disrespect or as inferior frames of artwork.

He created you.

He loves you.

He has saved you.

He is perfecting you.

Let Him polish you so that you can be a showpiece of His grace. Don't discount His brush strokes of beauty as He makes a masterpiece out of your canvas.

What new picture is God creating in you?

2 comments:

Female in Motion said...

The polishing part is sometimes painful, but always produces a shiny finish. Thanks for this reminder, Janelle. Your voice is important!

Anonymous said...

As if spoken from my own heart. Loved how by random, or divine, circumstace's I came to read your blog today! God is amazing!